Saturday, November 19, 2005

First Snow in Regensburg

Yesterday was schizophrenic. It was cold and gray when I sent out to shop, a daily thing if only for bread. I had only gone a short block when it began to rain. When it rains in Regensburg it pours so I did an about face.

It was raining when I entered my building. By the time I reached my apartment and looked out the window, rain had turned to huge snow flakes. Proof of immaturity is joy at the first snow. “Hot damn! It’s snowing!”

And I’m out the door. Proof of maturity is that when chilled to the bone, I head for the coffee shot to work over a café latte. Several actually. I love to work with the view of the comings and goings in Rathausplaz.














The snow stopped about 1300hrs. It was gray a while longer and then, as if a switch had been thrown, every cloud was gone and a brilliant sun shone. What’s with this? From inside the warm café, it almost looked like summer of warm memory. I went outside. Nope. Still winter.
Two hours later the switch is thrown again. Cue the clouds! Okay, let’s have the snow! Roll ‘em. Laßt ihm scheien, laßt ihm scheien, laßt ihm scheien.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home